Become a Mentor
Our Mentors are committed individuals who work on a consistent basis for one to two years. Their goal is to maximize the potential of the young people with whom they work. YASP fosters positive relationships between our youth and working professionals and exposes them to a variety of career choices. This enables our young adults to make positive connections between the world of work and their community. They will develop personal skills and career awareness which will help them make better life-long decisions and enhance their opportunity to contribute to their community. Youth will benefit from valuable academic and professional advice and will also have the opportunity to create unique and lasting relationships with their Mentors.
Click here to learn more about mentoring.
Become a Committee Member
- Recruiting Committee – Assist with recruiting and screening volunteers for positions such as: workshop module developers, workshop facilitators and mentors.
- Program Committee – Assist with the development and strategic planning of YASP. Monitor and address feedback from perspective volunteers.
- Marketing and Events – Assist with the promotion of YASP and plan special events, such as the end of the year graduation ceremony.
Become a Workshop Facilitator
- Plan and Facilitate Workshops in Leadership Skills
- College Readiness
- Self-Esteem Building and More!
Become a Workplace Host
- Lead tours at your workplace and expose young adults to various career opportunities.