Senior Center Activity Intern/Volunteer
- Preparing activities that are fun, engaging and informative
- Leading classes
- Promoting class participation
- Preparing class attendance reports
- Preparing lessons plans, instructor guides
- You have a special skill or expertise that could enrich the lives of seniors
- Ability to work with people who have limited physical capability
- Experience teaching
Communications, Public Relations, and Digital Strategy Intern/Volunteer
- Developing communication and outreach materials
- Working with potential partner agencies, government entities, volunteers, etc.
- Planning and participating in community outreach events
- Establishing media contacts and promoting news coverage of PSS’ work
- Drafting news releases
- Developing and enhancing social media presence
- Minimum of three years college
- Strong social media capacity: ability to create videos or photo essays as well as graphic design skills are a plus
- Bilingual skills are a plus
Coming of Age Intern/Volunteer
- Help identify and communicate with locations, partners, hosts and/or opportunities for networking events, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Scout potential locations.
- Promote the agency’s programs by performing outreach, participating in relevant events, and representing Coming of Age to the public.
- Promote Coming of Age by working with staff in the creation of digital content, press releases, infographics, social media posts, etc.
- Assist in monitoring various metrics that demonstrate effectiveness/efficiency of the programs strategies and efforts.
- Research existing programs in NYC that may run similar programming.
- Enter information in Coming of Age database.
- Comfortable using a wide array of digital tools in a professional setting, including social media, Microsoft Office, devices (smart phone apps, tablets, etc.), social media, presentations, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized