We are looking for candidates who can make a half to full academic year commitment on a part-time basis. While the positions are unpaid, we offer the right candidates valuable hands-on experience involving responsibility for projects from beginning to end. We also would be pleased to work in conjunction with college courses for academic credit.
Depending on the position, interns would be supervised by our Executive Director, Deputy Director or one of the Center or Program Directors; and will work directly with PSS Senior Staff, as well as our stakeholders, clients and the communities we serve.
SOCIAL WORK INTERNSHIPS
Social Work Faculty and Students interested in internships for the 2016-2017 academic year should complete and submit the inquiry form at the bottom of this page.
SPECIAL PROJECTS INTERNSHIPS
I. Focus Areas: Program Development, Communications, Public Relations, Digital Strategy
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating new projects, initiatives and events
- Developing communication and outreach materials
- Working with potential partner agencies, government entities, volunteers, etc.
- Planning and participating in community outreach events
- Establishing media contacts and promoting news coverage of PSS’s work
- Building volunteer leadership
- Drafting news releases
- Developing and enhancing social media presence
Interested candidates should possess the following:
- Demonstrated understanding of nonprofits, social services and communication principles
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge of social media and blog experience
- An interest/experience in serving the needs of the elderly and their families
- Candidate for a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, journalism, public affairs, public relations or related field (minimum of three years college required)
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Strong social media capacity; the ability to create videos or photo essays as well as graphic design skills a plus
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Katherine Martinez at 718-585-1640, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Focus Area: Development/Fundraising
- Strategizing new development efforts and campaigns.
- Enhancing giving options for planned giving, major gifts, etc.
- Reconfiguring current (Salesforce.com) database for development use
- Researching individual donor and foundation prospects
- Assisting Executive and Deputy Directors with grant proposals
- Producing direct mail and electronic solicitations
- Participate in creating and executing special events
- Generating donor acknowledgements, communications and receipts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or candidate (at least three years undergraduate work completed)
- Good understanding of development, fundraising
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Interest in issues related to older adults, family caregivers
- Ability to work in a team environment
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Rimas Jasin at 212-874-6633 x 23, or email email@example.com.
To inquire about these internship opportunities, please complete and submit the inquiry form below. Once your inquiry is received, you’ll be contacted by either Katherine or Rimas to complete a formal application followed by an interview.
Please note: a Background Check is REQUIRED for all applicants and is administered by PSS.
Thank you so much for your interest in interning at PSS.